IQ Honours Student Geologists
Ten high-achieving students studying Geology at universities across the UK have been recognised for their continuous hard work and announced as an Institute of Quarrying (IQ) National Student Award winner.
The second-year geologists of the future were nominated by their respective universities for continuous hard work and passion towards their course, as well as demonstrating strong potential for a successful career in the mineral extractives industry. Each winner receives a certificate acknowledging their achievement, plus two years free student membership of IQ.
Winners of the 2019 IQ National Student Awards:
- Hazel Knight – University of Birmingham, MSci Geology
- Michaela Patterson – Newcastle University, BSc Earth Science
- Zara McCorkindale – University of Portsmouth, BEng (Hons) Engineering Geology & Geotechnics
- Amanda Hughes – Edge Hill University, BSc Geology with Physical Geography
- Mary Harrow – University of Brighton, BSc Geology
- Thomas Green – University of Leicester, MGeol Geology with Palaeobiology
- Akinori Suganuma – University of Edinburgh, BSc (Hons) Geology
- Melissa Haffenden – University of Southampton, MSci Geology
- Arjun Sreekumar – University of Plymouth, BSc Applied Geology
- James McCann – University of Manchester, BSc Geology
James Thorne is Chief Executive Officer at IQ: “Congratulations to each of the award winners. Your commitment to learning has been recognised and we hope free access to IQ membership opportunities will support both your personal and career development.
“The benefits of IQ membership are second to none. As well as many networking events, there are endless continuing professional development opportunities, plus members receive the industry’s monthly magazine Quarry Management, just to name a few.”
IQ membership for students is £20 per year, with invaluable advice about the skills, training and personal development needs required to build successful industry careers.
For more information and to sign up, visit: www.quarrying.org/members/join-us.